Sunday, February 4, 2007

What would you do?

This was a very interesting hand i saw played. Yes Mike, and Chuck, Beth played it. I'm sure I'm opening myself up to an onslaught of sarcasm, but oh well. This post is about a hand, nothing else. Here we go...

The game is $1-$2 NL with a $100 max buy-in. You guessed it, El Presidente. Don't ask why, we just wanted a change of scenery Friday Night.

Now, you must understand, Beth is a good player. Better than anyone, possibly even me, gives her credit for. I've seen her raise from the button, and or raise on a flop if K J 7. Then everyone says, AK good, and she flashes me pocket 4's. She can play. WTF is this? I just realized that these paragraphs should be in reverse order, but it wont let me cut and paste! #$&% it, I'm not retyping, so deal with it.

So, we buy-in for $100 and she quickly drops down to $30. So, of course she brings it up to $100, and battles, over the next two hours or so, back up to about $280 total. She's playing well, and the table is pretty passive. There are two guys sitting across from us who were pretty decent players. The better of the two was playing a lot of hands, and mixing it up pretty much all night. But he never really got out of line, not showing any big bluffs, or bad hands.He was pretty solid, and the big stack at the table, sitting on about $700.

Enough build up, here's the hand. I want to know what you would have done if you were Beth, and why.

Shes in the BB in the 10 seat. It folds around to the big stack, who's 2 off the button in the 6 seat. He makes it $12 straight. It was pretty much the average raise for the game. Now, the old man on the button Min Raises to $25. He is a ROCK! It was the first, and now that i think about it, ONLY time he had RE-Raised all night. He's about $250 deep. I fold the SB, and it's on Beth.

She looks down at KK. I'm gonna go through the hand, and give her thoughts afterwards, so bear with me.

She calls $25. The original raiser calls $25. So the pot is about $75 going into the flop.

Flop: 6, 10, 6 rainbow.

Beth bets out $50. The 6 seat thinks about it for a few seconds, and raises to $100. The rock on the button folds. The action comes back to Beth, and she moves in for about $220ISH, as Alan would say.

Now, first of all, what do you think he has. And what would you have done if you were Beth.

This was her line of thinking. She said she knows she should have 3 bet preflop. She put the rock on AA, but knows she messed up, not getting any information when she could. It was a good flop for KK, and she knows if the rock raises from the button, she can make an easy lay down. When she moved all-in on the guy, she thought he would overplay QQ or JJ in that spot.

RESULTS:

After she pushes in, he says, "Well, I guess I'm paying off pocket 10's, but I call." She shows her KK, and he shows...???? i wanna know what you think. Ill tell ya when i get a few comments. And then I'll give MY comments on the hand.

No comments: